This
past Saturday I got to experience flying for the first time in my life! A
friend of mine who is working on getting his pilot’s licence needed to get some
flight hours in, so he invited a few of us to come along with him on his next adventure!
This is Aaron and I. For both of us it was our first time
flying. We were pretty pumped and tried not to look like complete dorks…we didn’t
fake it well.
Here’s the plane we flew in! Believe it or not, FOUR people
fit inside that thing.
Needless to say, it was a pretty cozy ride but once we
were in the air
we were all glued to the windows and totally forgot about the
squishiness.
Kara
and I got to sit in the back seat while Aaron sat up front by Nate.
Aaron got
to radio in to St. Thomas traffic and talk in super cool pilot code;
“St.
Thomas traffic, this is Golf X-Ray Mike Foxtrot
preparing for takeoff from
runway 27.”
I was a little jealous, not gonna lie. But if I did it, I probably
would have thrown in a couple more cool words like, “OVER!” or “ROGER THAT!”
You know, something really nifty and piloty!
…maybe it’s a good thing I wasn't the one operating the radio…
| It's the Church! |
Nathan took us flying over St. Thomas, Port Stanley, Sparta
and a few other places.
We saw the Church building, Aaron’s house and my
parents place!
It was such a cool perspective to see the world from 1000+ feet
above sea level.
Everything was so
beautiful, and so small! It was quite humbling.
The snow covered land and the icy
blue water off of Port Stanley looked stunning!
The houses seemed tiny, the
cars looked like toys and the people were hardly noticeable.
Being up in the air and looking down on everything below
made me realize how insignificant we are as humans—and that was only from 1000+
feet up! Imagine how small we are to God! It humbled me and made me stand in
awe of the fact that God concerns Himself creatures as small as us. It reminded
me of Psalm 8:4, “What is man that you are mindful of him, and the son of man
that you care for him?”
God teaches me things and shows Himself to me every day. On
Saturday he taught me once again that we, as humans, really aren’t as
significant as we usually think we are, and He showed me a glimpse of His
beauty through His incredibly beautiful creation. If you guys ever get a chance
to go up in a small plane and cruise around, don’t pass it up! You get a pretty
sweet view from up there! :)
Before I sign off I wanna give a shout out to our Pilot who
took off, flew around, and landed like a pro! After he landed he let out a sigh
of relief…apparently his landings “ aren't always that smooth”. It’s a good
thing he didn't admit to that before we took off. I may not have gotten into
the plane as willingly as I did.
Until next time, this is K.E.Luit signing off from k-luit.blogspot.ca,
OVER.
So cool Kristen, glad you guys finally got to go up. We were in the air, the same day you were! You're right, it is pretty humbling, when you see how small and insignificant this earth looks from the sky!
ReplyDeleteMom